1. About Your Privacy
2. Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet the needs of both yourself, being the User or Member as defined in the User Agreement, and/ or authorized third parties (“Client”). While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties.
- Personal information may be used:
- to determine eligibility for products and services;
- to understand and assess Clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- for billing and accounting services relating to our products and services:
- for Client communication, service and administration;
- for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- to share or exchange reports and information with credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus, and any other person, corporation, firm or enterprise to verify the accuracy of personal information.
- Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
3. Consent To Use Personal Information
- Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. When you request products or services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such Personal Information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this Personal Information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. Such notice can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn, such as where there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
4. Sharing Personal Information With Others
- KPH is not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. However, KPH may need to disclose the personal information collected to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for KPH and the Site.
- In certain circumstances, KPH may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes. KPH may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on KPH; (b) to protect and defend KPH’s rights or property, you, or third parties, or (c) prevent or investigate any illegal activity. You hereby consent to KPH sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
- KPH may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from KPH, KPH affiliates or reputable organizations selected by KPH. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below in the contact information section.
- You understand that when you use the Site, certain information you post or provide through the Site, including but not limited to, your name, profile, comments, pictures, videos, collections and reviews, may be shared with other Users and posted on publicly available portions of the Site, including without limitation, chatrooms, bulletin and message boards, along with other public forums. Keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through the Site, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the kidsplayhockey.com community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of the Site available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out Personal Information to others in public forums online or otherwise. We also share the information you publish with other third parties.
5. Keeping Information Accurate
- It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables KPH to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. KPH relies on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
- If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete that cannot be amended by you, please contact KPH and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from KPH.
6. How We Safeguard Personal Information
- At KPH, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all Personal Information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
- Our service providers and agents are required to maintain confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
- Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that Personal Information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
7. Privacy and the Internet
- In general, KPH collects Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through the Site. KPH also collects information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account on kidsplayhockey.com. For example, KPH’s registration and login process requires you to provide your name, valid email address, sex, birthday, favourite player, jersey number,and password of your choice. When you personalize your profile and use the features of kidsplayhockey.com, KPH will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of kidsplayhockey.com, such as other demographic information. KPH collects information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of kidsplayhockey.com, such as photos, reviews, ratings and other information you choose to submit. KPH may also collect information about you and your friends who use kidsplayhockey.com, from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. When you purchase products or services through kidsplayhockey.com, you will need to submit your credit card or other payment information so that our service providers can process your payment for those products and services. When you sign up for, or win, any contests, sweepstakes, or other activities that we make available on kidsplayhockey.com, we will collect the designated information along with such activity, which may include your contact information such as your address and phone number. If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your email address and all related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter on the Site, including Personal Information into any postings, comments, or forums within the kidsplayhockey.com community.
By using kidsplayhockey.com, you are representing that you are at least 16 years old. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use kidsplayhockey.com without their parents’ permission.
In addition to the steps KPH takes to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding Personal Information submitted by children under 16 years old. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 (such as home address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) without parental consent. If, at any time, a parent withdraws his or her consent to our use or maintenance of personal information collected from his or her child, KPH shall make its best effort promptly remove such information from our database. Sometimes we may share aggregated info collected from our Users, however specific Members are never identified.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children's data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children's privacy, please contact our Privacy Office at the email address identified below.
9. Contact Information
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Notice for Children
Personal information can mean:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your mom or dad's name
- The name of your school
- Your teacher or your friend's names
Do not give out any personal information without asking your parents. Also, if you run into something on the internet that makes you uncomfortable - whether it's on the web or it's sent to you - tell your mom or dad, or an adult you can talk to, and get them to deal with it. Never agree to meet anyone you have "met" online.